Evan Breau – Automotive Technician
Evan Breau has been with O’Town Auto since 2016. Evan is a car guy, and always has been. He’s been working on cars, light trucks, and SUVs pretty much since he could hold a wrench. He’s a huge Subaru fan, and he really caught the automotive-service-and-repair bug when he got his first one back in the day.
He built the motor for it, fell in love with doing so, and then, with natural aptitude and keen curiosity, he started modding it, including doing his own tuning, exhaust repairs and modifications. Having the courage to modify his own engines allowed him to learn insights into how engines work, and how it all relates across the board: from steering, suspension, drivability, fuel systems, exhaust, and all the rest. In short, this guy loves cars, all cars foreign and domestic. So, if you looking for honest, quality auto repair from an experienced mechanic in the Oromocto, NB area: who else would you want working on your car, truck, or SUV?
In addition to his passion and years in the trade, Evan is Red Seal Automotive Service Technician certified, meaning he has put in the time and training to learn his profession, and done enough practice and study as well as gaining field experience to complete that program and get past the mountain of a test required to achieve the honor of that certification.
Areas of Expertise… get ready, because the man is good:
- • Air-conditioning (AC) and heating
- • Axle – cv boot repair, cv joint, knock sound, steering click
- • Brakes – front brakes, rear brakes, reline and caliper, drum or disc brakes, ABS, brake noise diagnosis and repair, brake fluid, wheel cylinder, master cylinder, low brake pedal, soft brake pedal, brake pedal goes to the floor
- • Computers – check engine light on, diagnose dash lights, sensors (throttle position sensor TPS, oil light, tire pressure light, indicators)
- • Cooling systems – radiator, water pump, thermostat and gasket, coolant leaks, antifreeze, freeze plug
- • Crankshafts – crank shaft, camshaft cam shaft
- • Engine repair - cylinder blocks, pistons, valves, valve cover, valve cover gaskets, rods
- • Electrical – charging system, battery, batteries, alternator, generator, starter, battery cables, battery dash light, low voltage, no start, won’t start, car won’t start, no power, jump start, corroded battery, loose battery cables
- • Front end, shocks, struts, steering and suspension
- • Fuel system – fuel cap, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel tank, injectors, carburetor
- • Gears – differential, transmission, automatic transmission, transmission light indicator, transmission fluid, transmission flush, pan gasket, pan filter, pan screen, red fluid leak, not shifting problems
- • Generators
- • Leaks – leak detection: radiator leak, fuel leak (fuel smell, gas smell, petrol smell), fuel hose, gas hose, gas cap, fuel cap
- • Oil Change – Lube, oil, and filter service, oil filter change, oil leak repair, oil pan, oil filter gasket, oil drain plug
- • Steering & Suspension – alignment, rack and pinion, pitman arm, idler arm, control arm, tie rod, CV joint, CV boot, squeaks and rattles, steering whines, steering noise, sound when turning
- • Tire Installation and repair – flat repair, tire rotation, tire balance, wheel balance, tire plug, custom wheels
- • Transmission Repair – gaskets, pan gasket, drain and refill, drive shaft, differential
- • Tune up – Tuneup, spark plugs, ignition, ignition wires, distributor, cap, cap rotor, ignition coil
- • Wiper and motors – windshield wipers, wiper blades, snow blades, wipers for snow, wiper fluid, washer fluid, windshield wiper fluid
Evan’s hobbies include 4-wheeling, mudding, hunting, building Subarus and tuning Subarus (who would have guessed?), and working on his square body Chevrolet—which is another passion project for this lifetime automotive professional. He’s also served as a Reserve combat engineer for six years. We are lucky to have him here at O’Town Auto, doing automotive service and repair in Oromocto. You’re lucky we have him too!